Experience, they say, is the best teacher – and we agree. Over the last 35 years, we’ve built up the right connections and deep market knowledge in this ever-changing, fast-moving, innovative, and entrepreneurial retail industry.
This is how we’ve earned our reputation as one of the most well-known and well-respected retail real estate firms in the Washington, D.C. region.
It’s not “just” about leasing vacant spaces in a shopping center or chasing the next deal. At Rappaport we strive to learn from each project, always push ourselves to do better, and build up a portfolio of knowledge in unison with our portfolio of properties.
Inspecting and Reflecting
That’s part of the thinking behind our latest insight-focused project, a series of case studies demonstrating the strategic leasing, development, and management experience of our team and their real world impact.
In the coming weeks, we will share the insights we’ve gained through investing in, developing, managing, marketing, and leasing retail properties in the D.C. area. Specifically, we’ll be publishing the case studies on our site, so you can see how we dig into the challenges and successes of specific projects and properties.
Some highlights include:
- A dive into food halls + bars: A look at our strategic selection of and partnership with renowned restauranteur Artie Simcox to take over management of Chefscape – Village at Leesburg’s 10,000 SF multi-vendor food hall + bar.
- Skyland Town Center comes to life: A project to revitalize D.C.’s Wards 7 & 8, in conjunction with the non-profit sector, developers, and the local community. Additionally, we signed Lidl as the grocery anchor for the development, a welcome addition to this previously underserved community.
- Multi-million dollar renovation: We brought in gym management specialists WTS International, and together we are rolling out an extensive upgrade of Herndon’s Worldgate Athletic Club and Spa. The facility is undergoing a multi-million-dollar renovation to create the premier lifestyle and wellness site in the area.
- Adapting to change: Building on a 50-year presence in Vienna, VA, our strategic renovation of Vienna Shopping Center introduced a fresh, modern mix of tenants and brought a contemporary aesthetic to the development. Our revitalization efforts saw rental revenue increase by 500%, boosting net operating income and overall value of the property.
- A community-centered Covid-19 approach: We explore the impact of the pandemic and our strategy for working with the community and our partners to ensure safety and compliance as we moved towards reopening and supporting merchants to weather the storm.
At Rappaport, we believe our community-focused philosophy has a lot to do with our success. We work hard to enhance the properties we manage and build lasting relationships with landlords and tenants alike. Living by this principle is how we’ve developed our reputation for being a trusted advisor with proven experience.
So here’s to actionable insight and sharp market moves, to cultivating places with clients and customers, and to the next 35 years.
To access these insightful case studies, sign up for our email and newsletters below.