Effective Date: December 1, 2020
Personal Information We Collect From or About You. When using our Site or otherwise communicating with us, you may voluntarily provide information about yourself, including your name, email address, business and/or personal contact information, and any other information you choose to provide. For example, we collect this information when you contact our brokers regarding properties we own or manage, subscribe to our mailing list, contact us through the Sites, or otherwise communicate with us or interact with us through other methods, such as through our social media accounts. We may collect personal information about you from third parties, and combine it with any personal information you have provided to us.
We may use your information in our business for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To provide our services and service your accounts;
- To respond to your inquiries and provide information that may interest you, including marketing;
- To provide the products, services, or information that you request;
- To operate and improve the Sites and our services;
- To process your job application;
- To create aggregated statistics or information;
- To comply with the law and to maintain the security of our Sites; and/or
- For any other purpose for which you have given your consent, or for any other purpose disclosed at the time of collection.
We may share personal information we collect from or about you with third parties as follows:
- To Fulfill your Requests. We will share information with other parties, such as brokers and agents, as needed to carry out a request. If you authorize others, such as your employees or agents, to access information on your behalf, we will work to disclose information as you direct or authorize.
- Service Providers. We may share personal information with third-party service providers who support our work or help us operate our Sites and provide our services, such as email or mail direct marketing campaigns or providers of portal and/or dashboard functionality on the Sites.
- We may share personal information with corporate affiliates, including those not under the Rappaport brand.
- Corporate Changes. In the event of a potential or actual corporate change, such as a merger, acquisition, or bankruptcy, some or all of the personal information we have collected may be disclosed.
- De-identified or Anonymized Information. We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated, without limitation.
- Safety, Security, As Required by Law, and Similar Disclosures. We may disclose personal information or other data to comply with law or legal requirements, when needed in our judgment to protect our rights or the rights of third parties, or for safety or security reasons.
- We may disclose information with your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
Analytics. We may work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Sites and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. Rappaport uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Sites and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Sites, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Interest-Based Advertising. We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Sites and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as Interest-Based Advertising (“IBA”).
Even if you opt out, we and other companies may continue to collect data for non-IBA purposes, such as for analytics.
Third-Party Links and Tools
The Sites may provide links to third-party websites or apps, including our social media pages. We do not make promises or guarantees regarding data collection on the linked websites and apps that are not operated by Rappaport. We do not control the privacy practices of those websites or apps, and they are not covered by this privacy notice. You should review the privacy notices of other websites or apps that you use to learn about their data practices.
The Sites may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on the Sites, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy notices of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy notices of any accounts you create and use.
To opt out of our Rappaport email updates, you can use the link provided at the bottom of each email you receive from us. Even if you opt out of our promotional email updates, we will continue to send you emails related to our transactions or relationship with you.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this privacy notice, please contact us at: email@example.com or 8405 Greensboro Drive, 8th Floor, McLean, VA 22102.