Something Wicked This Way Comes: Halloween and Fall Events
2020 has offered up more than its fair share of tricks, so the marketing team at Rappaport is putting the emphasis on treats in our Fall Season and Halloween line-up of events. Bring the whole family to a neighborhood center near you for some frighteningly good fun.
Spooky – and safe
The Rappaport Marketing Team has been fiendishly clever, coming up with Fall experiences that offer the entertainment and community connection you crave, without compromising on safety. So support your local retailers: grab your costumes and the kids, and join us for Fall-colored vibes and pumpkin-spiced festivities.
- Pointer Ridge Plaza: SkyZone will be hosting a “Trunk or Treat” event in the parking lot of Pointer Ridge Plaza.
- AVEC: Local artists will be doing in-person live art activation(s) in the large windows of the Avec development (October 24, 12 pm-3 pm). Come see our models undergoing real-time spooky transformations.
- Village at Leesburg:
- Join us for a free pumpkin decorating session, with pumpkins and crafting supplies provided. Book here to ensure you don’t miss out.
- Come dressed in your best Halloween costume and stop by our Fall-themed photo backdrop located by the pop-up fountain area. Snap a pic and upload it for a chance to win a Village prize package. Full details here.
- Join us in the Plaza for a toe-tapping-time on Fridays and Saturdays (from 6-9 pm) with live music and al fresco dining from our Village eateries. Plus, enjoy a walkable cocktail from participating Drink in the Good Life restaurants.
- Finally, many of our merchants are offering Halloween specials and discounts – if you show up in costume. Get the list of participating stores here.
The Conche (Village at Leesburg) and Ford’s Fish Shack (South Riding Market Square) both participated in the cook-along food class that kicked off as part of the Shocktober that’s gone virtual this year. If “monster cocktails, killer appetizers, and deadly desserts” are your kind of thing, find out more here. You can also take classes in costume design, makeup, and haunt décor – all from the comfort of your home.
There’s a ton happening at Vienna Shopping Center, including the Shop and Stroll series for Vienna Shopping Center (in partnership with The Kennedy Center) which will run on Saturdays from October 24th to December 12th (12-4 PM). And this weekend – Saturday, October 24 from 1-4 pm – the center will have a surprise and delight activation, featuring a pop-up Opera truck (yes, you read that right!) with two 30-minute performances.
Ooky Spooky Rappaport Family
We love a little Spooktacular fun, so as is our tradition Rappaport employees will also be dressing up for Halloween, and we can’t wait to see what’s in-store. Stay tuned on our blog for more.