COVID-19 BUSINESS RESOURCES
Below is a list of business resources and programs established by the federal and local government to minimize the economic impact of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please check back as we continue to update this page with the latest information and other business resources.
RESOURCES FOR ALL
- U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship regarding the CARES Act. The following guide will answer many frequently asked questions and provide specific information regarding all that will be provided under the CARES Act. Click here.
- Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources created by U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). Click here.
- Specific information from the U.S. Department of the Treasury regarding the CARES Act. This provides detailed information and links to applications.
- The National Restaurant Association has complied specific information from the CARES Act for all Restaurant owners. Follow this link for how the CARES Act can assist you and your restaurant.
- Free webinar for small shops – In this free webinar, Angel Cicerone will discuss the things small shops can – and should be – doing right now to create a more promising future. Register here.
- Free webinar – How Retailers are Using Technology to Overcome COVID-19 Challenges. FlyBuy brand is teaming up with a group of industry experts from SpartanNash, Shipt, Pet Supplies Plus, and Mendocino Farms to discuss the forever-changed landscape due to COVID-19. Register here.
- Please take a moment to urge Congress to support our efforts to create a COVID-19 Recovery Fund! Click here to sign the petition.
- Free webinar – ICSC presents: Reopening for Retail and Real Estate – explore best practices to consider in your reopening strategy on Wednesday, May 20th at 2:00 pm ET. Click here to register.
- Free webinar – ICSC presents: Consumers Adapting to the Next Normal on Thursday, May 21st at 2:00 pm ET. Click here to register.
- National Restaurant Association – For restaurant operators getting ready to open, this guide offers directions and framework for best practices. Click here for more information.
- The National Retail Federation’s Operation Open Doors Checklist is an outline of key topics to consider as retailers begin to reopen. This information is only available to the public for a limited time before they become members-only resources. Click here for more information.
- Restaurant News – Best strategies for reopening restaurants in the coronavirus era. Click here for more information.
- To help businesses safely reopen, the Alexandria Health Department (AHD), in partnership with Visit Alexandria and local restaurants and business associations, has launched the “ALX Promise” program. For more information, click here.
- The City of Manassas has made it easier for restaurants, and retailers if they so choose, to comply with social distancing guidelines and reduced capacity requirements by expanding outdoor service areas. This might include sidewalk dining or utilizing a portion of the parking lot. For businesses operating in a shopping center, permission will have to come from the center owner/management companies. Click here for details on the process.
STATE & LOCAL INFORMATION
- NOVA Rapid Response COVID-19 Business Support Grants Businesses in Northern Virginia (Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William counties and the cities of Fairfax, Falls Church, Manassas and Manassas Park) that has 250 or fewer employees is eligible for this support grant. Follow the link for more details and how to apply.
- Prince William County
- Fairfax County Board Approves $2.5M Microloan Program for Small Businesses – the $2.5M microloan program will provide loans up to $20,000 at a zero percent interest rate for qualifying small businesses who have faced hardship due to COVID-19. Visit Fairfax County COVID-19 Business page.
- For information on small business lending and support please contact Clarice J. Grove at CGrove@pwcgov.org, Small Business Development Manager for Prince William County. Grove is offering FREE financing guidance and business counseling. Visit the COVID-19 Business Resource Page at www.PrinceWilliamCounty.biz for a variety of information on funding options, affected worker support, tax changes, development services, and more. To receive updates, sign up for the Economic Development email newsletter to stay up to date on pertinent business news.
- Fairfax County approves another $25M for small business relief. Applications open in June. Click here to learn more about the COVID-19 Small business and Nonprofit Relief Grant Fund.
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a devastating impact on our local businesses. Now is the time to ACT and SHARE your story of how it has impacted your job. Help save D.C. jobs by contacting the Mayor and D.C. Council and urge them to take immediate action here.
ADVERTISING & SOCIAL MEDIA
Yelp is offering $25 million in relief focused on supporting independent businesses and local restaurants in the form of waiving advertising fees, free advertising, products and service during these uncharted times. For more information follow the link.