Senior Staff Accountant
Rappaport is currently seeking aSenior Staff Accountant who will be responsible for full general ledger accounting functions for an assigned portfolio of commercial real estate properties. This position will report to a Controller.
Rappaport is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics, veteran status or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law. Employment at Rappaport is at-will.
- Assist with the day to day operations of the general ledger accounting processes and activities
- Assist with monthly/ quarterly account transaction closing and cut-off date.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, including current monthly, quarterly and year to date variances.
- Prepare journal entries
- Preparation of monthly financial packages for owners and lender compliance
- Prepare and maintain balance sheet supporting schedules including capital improvements, straight line rents, and depreciation as required.
- Monitoring of cash flow for each property in portfolio for weekly cash management reports.
- Preparing monthly site billings for management fees.
- Prepare lender draw packages for submission in compliance with loan requirements.
- Assist in schedule preparation and review in annual budget process.
- Prepare year-end audit and tax packages as required.
- Assist Controller with invoice processing using Nexus (AP Software)
- Handle special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA or CPA candidate is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills (pivot tables, V-look ups, macros)
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Commercial real estate background is a plus, as well as experience working with MRI, Yardi and NEXUS.
- Be detail-oriented and possess critical thinking skills.
- Possess good organization, communication and follow-up skills.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Be tactful and diplomatic through accurate verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Be mature, flexible, dependable and professional.
- Ability to work independently yet also thrive working as a team member.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of management and clients.