Senior Property Manager
The Senior Property Manager manages all aspects of a complex property or portfolio of mixed-use or retail properties. Oversees all marketing, operations, and financial activities. Makes decisions with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to tenant needs, ensuring that administrative and building technical staff resolve problems promptly. Ensures that services are provided in compliance with policies, procedures, regulations and contractual obligations and standards.
- Ensures periodic regular property inspections. Recommends and/or approves alterations, maintenance, and reconditioning, as necessary. Contracts for and supervises vendor services as required.
- Supports the Brokerage department with marketing and leasing of the property, showing space to prospective tenants. Coordinates tenant move-ins and move-outs, and space inspections with tenants and Development/Construction department.
- Acts as primary contact with property owners to ensure that objectives are being met. Prepares and delivers timely, accurate and complete reports.
- Develops and controls annual budgets for operating and capital expenses. Forecasts management plans and prepares monthly performance reports, explaining variances.
- Supports the Lease Administration department in the collection of rent in compliance with lease terms, preparation of all required legal notices, and recommendations and coordination of legal action, as necessary.
- Supports the Lease Administration department with the review and reconciliation of tenant rent and recovery charges.
- Supports the Lease Administration and Brokerage departments with negotiation of early terminations of leases. Provides lease analysis for client’s review and approval, as needed. Documents settlement of and notifies affected parties, as needed.
- Supports all property sales by overseeing due diligence process and monitoring the activity of outside brokers.
- Develops business relationships through membership and participation in professional, industry/trade and civic organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area.
- Approves subordinate’s recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action, and termination.
- Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval.
- Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime.
- Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff.
- Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies.
- Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company’s values.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience managing commercial retail
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word required; experience with MRI, Nexus, and Salesforce a plus.
- Ability to work independently in a visible position and to direct efforts of co-workers as well as subordinates
- Ability to prepare detailed financial analysis required
- Strong analytical skills and effective problem solving skills coupled with the ability to work independently and effectively manage concurrent tasks required.
- CPM and/or RPA designation preferred
- BA/BS degree