Manages all aspects of a single property or portfolio of mixed-use or retail properties. Oversees all marketing, operations and financial activities.
- Responds to tenant needs, ensuring that administrative and building technical staff resolve problems promptly. Ensures that services are provided in compliance with policies, procedures, regulations and contractual obligations and standards.
- Ensures periodic regular property inspections. Recommends and/or approves alterations, maintenance and reconditioning as necessary. Contracts for and supervises vendor services as required.
- Supports the Brokerage department with marketing and leasing of the property, showing space to prospective tenants. Coordinates tenant move-ins and move-outs, and space inspections with tenants and Development/Construction department.
- Acts as primary contact with property owners to ensure that objectives are being met. Prepares and delivers timely, accurate and complete reports.
- Develops and controls annual budgets for operating and capital expenses. Forecasts management plans and prepares monthly performance reports, explaining variances.
- Supports the Lease Administration department in the collection of rent in compliance with lease terms, preparation of all required legal notices, and recommendations and coordination of legal action as necessary.
- Supports the Lease Administration department with the review and reconciliation of tenant rent and recovery charges.
- Supports the Lease Administration and Brokerage departments with negotiation of early terminations of leases. Provides lease analysis for client’s review and approval, as needed. Documents settlement of and notifies affected parties, as needed.
- Supports all property sales by overseeing due diligence process and monitoring the activity of outside brokers.
- Develops business relationships through membership and participation in professional, industry/trade and civic organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area.
- Recommends staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination.
- Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime.
- Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff.
- Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies.
- Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company’s values.
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university and a minimum of four to six years of related experience and/or training.
- Real estate license is preferred.
- CPM or RPA professional designation or candidacy preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
Rappaport is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics, veteran status or any other legally protected status under local, state or federal law. Employment at Rappaport is at-will.Apply Here