Rappaport owns, manages and develops shopping centers and provides retail leasing, tenant representation, marketing, property management, construction management and
development services for space in shopping center and mixed-use properties throughout Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia. An essential component to keeping our shopping centers and merchants successful is a dedicated strategy that drives consumer traffic and loyalty, this is done through Rappaport’s shopping center marketing services.
The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating the strategic marketing campaigns and grand opening initiatives for existing and future developments. They will identify and implement revenue opportunities and activations. This individual will collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure goals are met, and will also assist Marketing leadership in strategic planning, marketing campaigns, budget development and implementation, as well as program analysis and reporting.
Rappaport is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics, veteran status or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law. Employment at Rappaport is at-will. This position is based at the corporate office in McLean, VA with onsite presence at the center, up to one or more times a week. Weekend work is required for special events, grand openings, community events and meetings held on weekends and evenings which occur approximately 20+ times a year.
Essential Functions (Duties and Responsibilities):
- Responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating the strategic marketing campaign for assigned properties with a primary goal of increasing sales, traffic and net operating income
- Identify opportunities for sponsor activation, direct implementation of these activations and proof of performance
- Develop, implement and evaluate the strategic marketing campaigns and grand opening initiatives for new shopping center developments
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with PR firm and local media while maximizing brand presence for retail shopping centers
- Develop and manage community relations, outreach and partnerships for the center
- Results analysis and research projects
- Collaborate with a talented, motivated marketing staff
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Attributes Requirements):
· Bachelor’s degree preferred in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations
· Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in marketing, advertising, event planning or agency experience
· Experience with grand opening events and advertising strategy for new large-scale development projects
· Experience with local media, publications and community connections
· Experience in event planning and writing news releases, ad copy or other promotional copy desired
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications, Creative Suite a plus
· Be tactful and diplomatic through effective verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
· Candidate must be able to multi-task, stay organized, and prioritize.
· Be detail-oriented and possess critical thinking skills.
· Must be able to work well with all levels of management and staff as well as outside clients.
· Must thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
· Be mature, flexible, dependable and professional.
· Must have reliable transportation
· Must be able to lift 25 lbs.Apply Here