Manager, Lease Administration (MLA)
The Manager of Lease Administration will handle reviewing and interpreting commercial leases as well as update the accounting software for approximately 20 properties and about 400 leases as well as overseeing calculations of all rental obligations. Qualified candidate must have the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently, be detail-orientated, have excellent organization and follow-through skills and be able to provide the highest level of both internal and external customer service.
Rappaport is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics, veteran status or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law. Employment at Rappaport is at-will.
- Perform the review of detailed commercial real estate lease abstracting of financial and non-financial lease clauses into multiple commercial management software
- Understanding of lease compliance for all lease-related payments, including base rent, percentage rent, operating expense (CAM), real estate tax and insurance obligations
- Assist and support all departments in understanding lease documents or providing lease details for due diligence of property evaluations
- Assisting with tenant account questions and disputes
- Process and monitor leases from post-execution through expiration of lease term
- Generate and post monthly recurring rental charges
- Calculate and post annual tenant operating expense reconciliations
- Performs all calculations for budgeting potential rent and operating expense recoveries
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Lease Administration
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to understand, interpret and abstract complex commercial lease terminology
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Word, and proficiency using lease management databases
- Strong written/verbal communication and critical thinking skills
- Capability to manage multiple projects with time sensitive deadlines
- MRI knowledge a plus
- Be detail-oriented and possess critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to work well with all levels of management and staff as well as outside clients
- Possess good organization, communication and follow-up skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Be tactful and diplomatic through accurate verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently yet also thrive working as a team