Rappaport’s full-time Maintenance Technician is generally the first company representative to address and then resolve a tenant’s concern regarding the building or space. The Maintenance Technician will ensure the maintenance of the facilities in a condition of operating excellence, cleanliness, and safety, so that full use of them may be made at all times by both the tenants and their patrons.
Essential Functions (Duties and Responsibilities)
– Perform the maintenance, repair, operation, and general upkeep of the properties and grounds.
– Respond to tenant requests and interact with tenants, prospective tenant’s vendors, general public, and all others in a professional and courteous manner.
– Administer preventative maintenance on building systems and components.
– Performs regular inspections of the grounds/facilities and reports any observed issues
– Understands and complies with safety policies
– Inspect vacant suites.
– Put fire alarm panels on test when needed.
– Perform leak checks.
– Escort contractors into secure areas/roofs.
– Run errands such as picking up supplies, making runs to the locksmith, etc.
– After hours on call duties.
– Monitors snow removal activities
– Inspects facilities and equipment to determine the need and extent of service, equipment required and if outside contracting is necessary within the approval limits and budget.
– Any and all other tasks related to the maintenance, operation and administration of Village at Leesburg as directed by the Property Manager
Education/Experience Requirements: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year of responsible experience in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair; or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience. Good skill in the use of hand and power tools.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Driver’s License.
Employment opportunities at Rappaport Management are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. Qualified applicants are considered for all open positions for which they apply and for advancement without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, the presence of a medical condition or disability, or genetic information. Rappaport Management Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.Apply Here