Legal Lease Coordinator (LLC)
The Legal Lease Coordinator (LLC) will be responsible for in-house management of tenant collections, default mitigation and legal lease matters as well as serve as primary liaison with outside council. Qualified candidates will be detailed-oriented, thorough, organized, possess critical thinking skills, capable of multitasking, prioritizing,able to work in a fast-pasted environment, and meet deadlines consistently. Strong Microsoft Excel skills are a must as well as a bachelor’s degree in paralegal studies or equivalent field and at least 4-5 years of experience in the Landlord/Tenant Legal field. Accounting background is a plus.
The LLC duties and responsibilities include:
- Oversee internal collections for accounts more than 60 days delinquent or otherwise troubled accounts.
- Negotiate lease workouts, to include negotiation of debt settlements, rent reductions, rent abatements and forbearance agreements, and prepare any documentation, notices or agreements in relation to the same.
- Draft and revise correspondence to tenants, clients and third parties, including but not limited to: Notices of Default, Notices of Intent to Sue/Lien, Notices of Enforcement.
- Review settlement proposals with CFO.
- Negotiate payment agreements (formal and informal).
- Identify and recommend accounts for write-off and/or reserves.
- Liaise with outside counsel regarding debt collection litigation, bankruptcies, lease enforcement litigation and other commercial litigation involving RMC, its entities or its clients.
- Liaise with leasing agents and brokers regarding the status of active leases for troubled tenants.
- Prepare monthly leasing report updates related to collection and provide updates regarding the same during monthly leasing meetings.
- Help predict tenant failures within RMC-managed/leased shopping centers.
- Analyze account ledgers and perform account reconciliations, as required.
- Review accounts receivables for all RMC-managed properties to identify candidates for escalated and/or external collection efforts.
- Develop debt collection strategies for delinquent or charge-off accounts.
- Conduct regular meetings with and/or provide regular updates to RMC stakeholders and clients regarding collection of severely delinquent and charged-off tenant accounts.
- Approve legal invoices in Nexus.
- Provide budgeting recommendations for lease collections/enforcement related legal fees.
- Conduct tenant meetings, as necessary.