Assistant Property Manager
Supports the Property Manager in managing all aspects of a single property or portfolio of mixed-use or retail properties including marketing, operations and financial activities.
Rappaport is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics, veteran status or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law. Employment at Rappaport is at-will.
- Responds to tenant needs, ensuring that administrative and building technical staff resolve problems promptly. Ensures that services are provided in compliance with policies, procedures, regulations and contractual obligations and standards.
- Ensures periodic regular property inspections. Recommends and/or approves alterations, maintenance and reconditioning as necessary. Contracts for and supervises vendor services as required.
- Supports the Brokerage department with marketing and leasing of the property, showing space to prospective tenants. Coordinates tenant move-ins and move-outs, and space inspections with tenants and Development/Construction department.
- Acts as primary contact with property owners to ensure that objectives are being met. Prepares and delivers timely, accurate and complete reports.
- Develops and controls annual budgets for operating and capital expenses. Forecasts management plans and prepares monthly performance reports, explaining variances.
- Develops business relationships through membership and participation in professional, industry/trade and civic organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers. May coordinate and assign tasks to coworkers within a work unit and/or project.
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university and a minimum of one to two years of related experience and/or training.
Real estate license preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts and commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to coworkers and supervisor.Apply Here